Monday, February 8, 2010

Transfer 2 Week 2, 8 February 2010

I'll start off with my new companion, Sister Goff. She's wonderful, she's really pushing me to my limit . . . well, sometimes, it varies on the day. The first two weeks were hard because I was getting over missing Sister Blackham, the nice thing about where Sister Blackham is is that we're still in the same stake, so I get to see her at Zone Conference. Sister Goff has been out for 10 months now. Her will to serve the Lord is very strong, I hope I'm that way when I'm as old as her and even older.

It's amazing what the Lord does for his children. The baptism(s) that was/were supposed to be on the 16th of January didn't happen because they didn't feel ready. Jana (jay-na) has a goal for the 6 of March (right before Sister Sprinkle goes home). I suppose Jana just needed some incentive to get baptized, and one of her missionaries going home is a good incentive to be baptized right before they go. Sisters Sprinkle and Winder were talking about nonsense for 10 or so minutes before they went to see her a few days ago. She was thinking what they were doing at that moment when they rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. She was really happy to see them.

Sister Goff and I are teaching a 12-year-old girl name Kewandra (no, she isn't Black, she's White). The sisters before us were working with her, Sisters Goff, Blackham, and I all believe that what she needs is her grandfather to come back to church, if he were to do so she might want to be baptized. We asked her what would keep her from being baptized, she told us she was afraid of water, so we offered what could happen, it was just a smoke screen.

She wants to be baptized, but doesn't. If that makes any sense.

Oh, I did get my new camara today. I'm sending a list of who's in the pictures when I send the broken one back so you can put the pictures on the blog and put a caption underneath.

Well, I gotta run.


Love,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment