Monday, November 15, 2010

Transfer 9 Week 1, November 15, 2010

Dear Mom/Family,

News about transfers. There's going to be a change in the Murray Ward. There will now be three of us instead of just two; so, Sister Austin and I are staying and my "little sister," Sister Koford, will be here in Murray. I can't wait!

We had a baptism this past week. It was Jamie's baptism. Her date was for the 17th of December, but it was too far away for her. She asked if we could move it up some, and we asked her when she wanted it to be. "This weekend?" she asked timidly.

"Sure!" we said, cheerfully.

We then started to plan for her baptism. Sister Austin and I played a part in her baptism. Sister Austin gave the talk on baptism and I said the closing prayer. The refreshments were good. Xiena, a member of the ward made the goodies. (Xiena makes really good food.) There were a lot of people there for her. I was really excited to see so many there. Seeing how many people cared for Jamie made me really happy, knowing that she had a family she could turn to whenever she needed. I can't believe that it was only last week that she was kicked out and now she's a member of the Church. If I didn't know that the Gospel is true, I would now with what happened to Jamie.

Barbie's funeral will be this Saturday at a Baptist Church. I met some people who knew the other woman when Sister Austin and I were at Angel's Attic, volunteering there this past Saturday. It's sad what happened to Barbie, but now there's nothing holding her back from joining the Church, and perhaps her husband and brother will be more open to our message.

Time's almost out. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment