Monday, February 21, 2011

Transfer 11 Week 3, February 21, 2011

Dear Mom/Family,

First off, here are the questions Mummy asked:

How are things going?
Things are going well, we need more people in our teaching pool, but that's been one consistent thing every area I've been in has needed, so nothing's new there.

What's it like living in a member's home?
Interesting. Definitely, interesting. We don't have to buy our groceries, Sister Ross will do that, just so things aren't so crowded. That's nice, not having to worry about groceries. Though there are times where you just want your own place.

Any prospects added to your teaching pool?
We got two referrals this week. One was kind of a joke. His friends must have put his name in the system, and the other referral seems more interested, even though he bonked the appointment we had set up the day before. Oh, well . . . .

What's the new District like? Good Elders to work with?
The Columbia District is awesome! There's like 4 sets of Elders and 1 set of sisters. I've never been in a district in the mission field where the companionships of Elders were that high! Two of those comps. have 3 Elders! So we are really out numbered! It's fun though. I've served in the same district with our district leader before. In fact, he came out with me. I also sat on the second plane ride (from Memphis to Nashville—the one that was delayed like 2 1/2 hrs) with him. His name . . . Elder Wells.

What do you think of Franklin? Is it a nice place?
It is a nice place, it's really nice. Sometimes it's scary because of how nice it is. Though I have seen some projects in Franklin, I never really thought I would see those here. Well, I guess every place has projects. The members here are cool, and want to help in any way they can.

Did you already get the talk letter I sent you last week?
Yes, I did. I got it at transfers. Thanks!

We got the two boxes you shipped from Murray.
Great! I've sent one home today, and it's gonna have one of my labels on it and on the label from UPS it'll say Heather Green. She was Sister Turner's previous companion.

There are times when I just want to stop and look around at this place and Mondays are pretty busy to do just that. So I think we're gonna take "a day off" and just walk around downtown, so we're gonna do that next Monday. I don't really know what to say. Oh! I'll be sending home my camera's memory card. I got a new one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment