Thursday, March 25, 2010

Transfer 3 Week 2, 15 March 2010

So how did the transfer go for you and Sister Goff? Is it unusual for a companionship to get moved like that?
The transfer went well. The mission got one new sister, and the rest, of course, were Elders (I didn't count). I don't think President Hutchings moves sisters like he did with us that often if he does with Elders, I wouldn't know. So Dickson got whitewashed and so did my old area. Burgess Falls A really needed new eyes for the area.

Did someone take the two of you and all your stuff in a van or something to move you?
It wasn't just Sister Goff and I who were moving. The other set of sisters, one left for home, and one of the Spanish Elders also left for home. So we had a lot of stuff to take. The car Sister Goff and I got to use President moved to another area, so the sisters drove to Nashville in it. We did have a van for all the junk though.

I looked at a map and it looked to be about a 2-hour drive from Cookeville to Dickson. Was that about right?
It's about two hours from Cookeville to Nashville. Dickson is about an hour from Nashville. We're in the Franklin Zone, though.

What's the new area like?
Awesome. Since there haven't been sisters here for a while everyone is very warm to us. It's very nice. It's a part time car area so, I'm riding my bike. I haven't been feeling the best so Sister Hutchings thinks I might have an ulcer, dunno.

Are you starting from scratch to find people to teach?
Yes, and no. The Elders had people they were teaching, but the area book isn't the best.

How's the new apartment/house?
It's awesome. It belongs to a member so we kinda stay with them. It's a house by itself, but we're right "next door" so we can come over and talk wif 'em if we want/can.

What's your address there?
Don't know, gotta send me a letter for me to know.

How's the ward?
Great. We're sisters and they haven't had sisters for a while so they are just loving us. The bishop even told people to give us rides if they can.

You'll let me know when you receive the package I sent, right? We got the two boxes you sent. What are you using instead of the coat you sent home?
Of course I'll tell you when I get the package. I told the Elders to send it to me once they get it. I might have to send them a letter to let them know where to send the package, so once I know the address they can send it to me. And I'll let you know.

Tell us interesting things that happened during the week.
Well, nothing too exciting. We just set a baptismal date with a woman named Angie. She's really nice, has some WOW issues but is wonderful nevertheless. Her son, Wade, joined the church about two years ago and now she's going to be baptized. Wade's story is awesome I'll have to tell y'all it later. I gotta write President Hutchings.

Bye-bye for now.

P.S. Have Amanda WRITE ME, along with all my other friends.

From a second email:
I forgot to tell you why I sent the coat home. I bought a smaller jacket that should do just fine, for biking and perhaps even when it rains. I don't know. I haven't been feeling very well so I might have an ulcer. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment