Monday, April 12, 2010

Transfer 3 Week 6, April 12, 2010

Another joining of emails between Nina and Angie:

Nina: First off, it was so good to hear from you, Angie, that you don’t have to have surgery for your wrist! I was a little surprised to learn you’d broken your elbow, too. I’m just so glad that you’re healing up nicely. Are you able to do full work days, or do you get tuckered out early? I can only imagine that you’re bumped and bruised a bit.

Angie: I was too, but they said it was from how I must have landed that broke my wrist and elbow, though it's not too bad. Yes, I am able to work full days, though at lunch and dinner I do like to lay down for a bit.

Nina: So how’s the work going? Are you finding people to teach? Are the members continuing to treat you well?

Angie: The work is going really well. We are finding people to teach. The work here in Dickson is fluishing [flourishing]. The members are great; they're really helping us out, specially the Carlsons, the members that we kinda live with.

Nina: Tell us a little more about Sister Patterson. Since she’s a Nauvoo sister, will she be heading there soon for the summer tourist season? How does that work exactly?

Angie: Sister Patterson has been out for about 14 months, she's awesome. In the area she was in before President put her with Sister Goff, she had 77 lessons, and this week Sister Goff and I (and Sister Patterson, of course) had 72 lessons. We were shocked! So how the VC sister thing works is during the "off" seasons they are sent to other missions to go out and do what "normal" missionaries do. During the summer months, or "on" seasons they're in the visiter center, giving tours and such, like the missionaries did when we were in Nauvoo.

Well, I'm getting sorer so I'll let y'all go.
love.

Nina: By the way, I forgot to ask…what’s the condition of your bicycle? We bought insurance coverage for it if it’s damaged and needs repair. If it’s in good condition, we need to decide if you’re going to ship it home or see if there’s some way to sell it to a sister in the mission field.

Angie: I dunno, I haven't seen my bike. But I know Sister Patterson was able to ride it so it should be okay to ride. And yes I got the checks. We just really haven't had time to go to a bank to cash them. We'll try though. Well can other banks cash checks that aren't from their bank?

Nina: Take the checks to a big bank like a Wells Fargo or Bank of America. They should be able to help. Don’t go to a credit union.

Okay then, when you get a chance to look at your bike, let me know the state it’s in and what you think you want to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment