Monday, April 19, 2010

Transfer 4 Week 1, April 19, 2010

Three emails from Angie today:

So transfers are tomorrow, and Sister Goff and I just got the news today. Sister Goff is staying in Dickson, and her companion will be me still. So far we will be each others’ longest companions. I know for me that isn't saying much, I've only been out for three [transfers], but still my other companions have been one transfer, three weeks, and one week ("Mom" Sister Blackham, Sister Sprinkle, and Sister Patterson). Dickson is a wonderful place, even with the fact I broke my wrist here. We have for sure one baptism on April 25; we might have another one on the same day but I don't know.

Not much has really gone on this week, We've had quite a few lessons. We didn't reach our goals, but we had an altogether good week. Next Monday Sister Carlson (the member we live with) wants to take us shopping, and I think it's a good thing that we're both staying here.

Oh, yesterday Sister Goff and I did some church hopping. We went to a Witnesses church. Their services are very similiar to ours, and they were very nice and welcoming to us. We also went to a nondenominational church, the Christian Fellowship Church here in Dickson. They were a lot like the other church we went to. It was awesome to do some church hopping. Sister Goff feels that we shouldn't go to other churches unless we've been invited, and I must agree with her.

Well, I don't know what else to say so I'll say goodbye for now.

love, Lizzie

Angie’s responses to Nina's email:

Angie, how are things your way? Are you feeling better? Any news about your bike?

Things here are good. We have quite a few people to teach, so all is well. I am feeling better. Since I got back in Dickson I've pretty much been running. I haven't seen my bike yet so no news on that yet.

Will you see the doctor again about your elbow and wrist any time soon?

I'll be seeing the doctor in about a month, May 10.

How’s the work progressing?

Good. Like I said before we got a lot of people to teach.

Before I forget, last week Sister Nelson said to tell you “hello.”

Tell her I say "hi" back.

What's up with the car? I know it's like what 12 years old, so is it freaking out because it's just old or what's up?

Great news about the baptisms. What are their names? And what do you do when you go church hopping? Try to find people interested in the LDS Church or just try to make some friends?

John Fuller, and Matthew something. I dunno his last name. When we go church hopping we go to their services and talk to the preacher person and ask them if they have any service they need help with. Pretty much we just go to other churches and unify our cause as Christians. So I guess to make friends.

Angie’s third email:

Before I forget, I would like it if y'all would send me a talk by someone every week if possible. I love reading talks by GAs.

No comments:

Post a Comment