Monday, January 31, 2011

Transfer 10 Week 6, January 31, 2011

Dear Family,

It's the last week of the transfer—so any feelings about whether you are staying or going? You've been in Murray for awhile, but there's nothing to say you couldn't stay longer! I guess you'll find out next week.
It’s the last week of the transfer and I don't know what's going to happen at all. Murray hasn't seen any baptisms for a while now. Last one was Charles in December, so missionaries might be taken out, but I don't know. To be honest, I don't want to stay in Murray. Its an okay place, but I can't see myself here for seven and a half months, that would just be torture. Yes, President might, might transfer me out for my last transfer, but it doesn't make sense to get to know a ward that you'd only be in for six weeks.

So how are you doing and how are things going in the field?
To be perfectly honest, I don't know how I'm doing. It's kinda a blah feeling. It could be because of the area. I dunno. The field is good. We have a few select people who are just awesome. They make it worth everything. Though, I hear some sad news, Sara Edmunds, the last baptism I had in McMinnville has gone less active.

I heard on the news this morning that things are really cold and windy in the Illinois and Ohio areas. Is the cold affecting you a lot too?
Somewhat, it's cold so no one really wants to talk with us, but some let us in because it is so cold.

How's the teaching going?
Hard. We have to find some more people to teach. Some of the ones we have now just aren’t progressing and so we are going to drop them. We don't need to teach them if they aren't willing to change.

Any solid investigators shaping up?
Blair, she's our golden girl. Hopefully we'll be able to see her tonight and set a date with her. (Fingers crossed.)

Any dates set?
Nope, but hopefully Blair!

So from Thursday to Saturday we had specialized trainings in Clarksville. We got to stay with the traveling sisters and Hopkinsville sisters (in Hopkinsville, KY). It was a lot of fun. Brother Larson said that President would have to send home six missionaries after those three days. Well, he's wrong we were perfectly good.

Well I gotta write grandma so I'll close this email.

No comments:

Post a Comment