Monday, December 21, 2009

Transfer 1 Week 1, 21 December 2009

Map of the Tennessee, Nashville Mission


President Gary and Sister Donna Hutchings


1st Email:
Hey mom, I was wondering if you'd snail mail me these poems. I don't really mind if they don't arrive by Christmas, but I'd like some sort of post because some people have been lacking in their responsibilities of writing to me weekly (you should know who).

My companion is Sister Blackham, and yes we know, black and white hehe. She's been out for about five months now. I'm her first trainee, we'll be spending Christmas with her trainer because she's leaving Saturday to the mission home and then either Sunday or Monday she'll be flying back home to Alaska. So for Christmas I'll have grandma and of course mom.

The ward we're in is very nice they keep asking me what I like about Tennessee, I've been telling them I like how green it is because in Utah everything is dead this time of year. We've had snow, but it didn't stay like it does in Utah, did you know that they'd cancel school if there's an inch of snow on the ground? Crazy, if they did that in Utah we wouldn't have school in the winter.

Besides myself and Sister Blackham there is another set of sister missionaries and they weren't going to have them. One of the sisters is a Spanish speaking sister who started her mission in Knoxville (spelled?). Our District Leader, Elder Beck recently lost one of his fingers while playing basketball. It happened before Elder Welles (Elder Beck's greenie) and I came here.

Oh. Mondays are P-days here, except for today and next Monday due to the holidays.

I gotta go, I love you all.
Lizzie.

2nd Email: One other thing

I forgot to mention that on the 26th we'll be having a baptism. I just got here and there'll be a baptism. His name is Bill and if you'll pray for him we'd all be glad and happy.

3rd Email:

Item Type: Note
Begin time: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:00 am +0000 Bill's Baptism is today!

No comments:

Post a Comment