Monday, July 12, 2010

Transfer 6 Week 1, July 12, 2010

Hello family!


Transfer news: first the English elders (Zone Leaders) Elder Campbell is leaving McMinnville, I don't know where he's going. Elder Carpenter is staying and his new companion is Elder Nicholl, I get Elder Nicholl again! Yay!!!! He's an awesome missionary/leader. The Spanish elders, Elder Ulmer and Elder Vasquez are being whitewashed out, I don't, however remember who's coming in to replace them. Sister Winder and I are staying here. Fun.



Will the Ward be doing anything special for Pioneer Day?
Yes, the ward is doing something in Altamont, and also in town they'll be watching a movie or more, somethin' like that.



How did things go with your mini-missionary? (What is a mini-missionary, by the way?)
I'll tell you that next week, so ask again, she's still here. A mini-missionary is someone who wants to see what it's like to be a missionary without being a full-term missionary. They're just out for two weeks, and then they go back to "normal" life.



Just so you know, I have a copy of Preach My Gospel in both English and Dutch and I'm working on reading them side-by-side. I just might finish the book later this summer or early fall (which is to say I'm not speed-reading them).
That's so cool! I love how you want to keep your mission language up, in the words of Elder Vasquez, that's awesome.



Let's see, I sent you the talk you wanted by Neil Anderson, did you get it? Did you also get the padded envelope with your new debit card? And did you understand that you just need to call either of the phone numbers to activate the card and that you don't have to use our home phone to do it?
The answer to all of these questions is yes.



Tell us anything else interesting that's going on. Are things any better with Kenny Priest or Linda Presley?
No, not really, we reset a date with Kenny, but he has a phobia of crowds that we need to overcome first before he will come to church, or at least have him meet a lot of people in the ward so he doesn't feel alone, somethin' like that.



And what great news about Wanda Kelly! I'm excited about that!
I know! (took her long enough). I'm so happy for her and her family. I know they'll be blessed.



For the past week I haven't really been feeling well, I go out and teachify, but my stomach hurts if I stop and have a moment to myself, so at lunch and dinner I take a nap. If any of you have a suggestion as to how I can feel better please let me know.



Love, Sister Angela Elizabeth Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment