Monday, July 5, 2010

Transfer 5 Week 6, July 5, 2010

Dear Fammawee,


Angela, you said you've got baptismal dates set. Who are your investigators? How are they doing? Well, first our baptism dates have been postponed, they didn't come to church yesterday, and I don't think they'll find a good reason to, unless we teach them with more pure doctrine. They were/are Kenny Priest, we met him contacting, (it's kinda like tracting only we don't knock on doors---tracting isn't my favorite thing in the world, it doesn't get many people to water's edge). Though one person that I met tracting did get baptized on Saturday . . . finally. For those of you who know Wanda Kelly, (Sister Blackham and I first set the date with her for January 16th, but it fell through because of her family).


The other is Linda Presley. We also met Linda contacting, there isn't much to say there. I feel bad that I don't have any good feelings about them, I know they're children of God, and that one day they will be baptized, but I'm just not feelin' it lately, I really hope I'm not getting into a funk.


How did Sister Hutchings happen to be with you for setting one of those dates? We had interviews that day, and President Hutchings, Sister Hutchings and one of the APs, Elder Hare (a Spanish elder) went on exchanges with us from 6-9. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome that she came with us.


Are you scorching in the heat or getting along okay? When our AC went out Sister Winder and I were drenched in our own sweat, and the apartment gave us no relief, in fact in the morning it was cooler outside than in.


Is your apartment air conditioned? FINALLY! We have our AC back on, and I can't tell you how happy I am! Though one nice thing about no AC for the weekend it helped Sister Winder and I get used to the heat, so being outside isn't as bad as it once was.


Have you been getting the snail mail letters I've been sending okay? Yes, I have, and if I could, I'd like to make a request for a talk, it's by Neil L. Anderson, it's called, "Repent that I may heal you." I really like it and would love to read it from time to time, like I do with the other talks I have.


Tell us anything you can think of to share. It's all interesting to us! Well, it really isn't that positive, but I feel that I need to get it off my chest so that I don't think about it anymore and I can focus on the work at hand. The ward here seems nice to us, but they would much rather help the elders than the sisters, and I'm not just talking about meals, we can handle the no meals thing. This ward is just so worked I think they need to remove the sisters for a time, I know that there are some less actives/excommunicated members who wouldn't like that, but the ward, in my own opinion, needs a swift kick in the rear. I know that those that we've been teaching haven't been to church, and honestly I don't blame them. In Gospel Principles the members trash other churches and at the same time they aren't, saying somefing like, "In other churches they don't have the priesthood authority of God," or they talk about things that only members would know, things that are too overwhelming for people looking into the church. I hope all of you try not to talk too in depth of the doctrines of the church when in R/S or where ever you may be. We are told in Preach My Gospel that we are not to teach all we know to our investigators. I honestly think that every member should have a copy of "Preach My Gospel."


Sister Winder and I must get our food for this week before one so that we can be ready for the mini-missionary that we'll be getting later today I'll write more later, but for now,


Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment