Monday, July 19, 2010

Transfer 6 Week 2, July 19, 2010

Email 1 (about the knives she mailed home):


Okay, the ones in the red paper bag thingy, those are for dad (his father's day gift—a recent convert in Dickson gave those to me and Sister Goff). The small pocket knife and the other(s?) are mine/my future husband’s. Isn't John Fuller nice?


What would you like me to say for YWs?



Email 2 (again about the knives):


No, but if Dad can't remember than perhaps if I saw them I could tell. I know that there are two mother of pearl knives the big one is for dad and the small one is mine. There's one in a leather holder that one is for Dad. There's one for "Mr. Right" I don't really remember what that one looks like, Sister Goff and I opened the box to see what it was (we weren't supposed to), and it's a really nice knife as well, though I believe that one was in a box like my knife. If there are any other knives, I don't know.


Email 3:


I'll start off with questions they might have that you can answer when they ask it or at the end if they don't.


Questions/Answers:


1. Q: Should girls serve missions if they aren't dating anyone when they're 21?
A: No, if sisters aren't dating anyone when they are 21, they have many options before them, continue schooling, or if they so desire, they may serve a mission, even if when they were younger they didn't think (or want) to serve a mission. So, pretty much ask God if it is His will for you to serve a full-time mission with the black tag.


2. Q: Why do sisters have to wait until they're 21 to serve a mission and why is it only for 18 months and not 24?
A: Well, we (Sister Winder and I) recently had a mini-missionary as another companion and we know why we have to wait. One, while we tend to be more mature than the elders a mission is really, really, really hard and we need that extra time to prepare ourselves. For elders a mission is their preparation.


3. Q: What's a mini-missionary? (Mom you don't have to answer this if they don't ask.)
A: A mini-missionary is someone who comes out to see what a mission is like, only they serve for two weeks instead of 1 1/2 or two years.


Okay, I'll now talk about my experiences.


I've been one of the missionaries to see at least 6 people come to the water's edge (baptism). It's amazing to see what a difference the gospel makes in the lives of our sisters and brothers. I have to say that the best time I've had on my mission was when we taught member's friends/family and they were baptized into this church. I never wanted to serve a mission. Never, if you had asked me on my twentieth birthday if I wanted to serve a mission, I would have told you no, however, I'm glad I'm here helping the work progress. I know in Utah it doesn't seem like there's much to do as far as missionary work is concerned, but just being a good example to others helps a lot! You don't even have to do much, going to the temple is doing missionary work, you are helping others receive salvation. That's what a missionary does, we help people receive salvation.


My time is almost up, I must get going.


Love Sister Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment