Monday, December 27, 2010

Transfer 10 Week 1, December 27, 2010

Dear Family,

On Saturday we found out about transfers. I don't know if Mom has told anyone the news so I'll share it here. Sister Austin's opening an area (Hopkinsville, KY). Sister Koford will be the driver here and I'm now Senior Companion. I don't really know how I feel. I know that I can do it because the Lord doesn't put us into situations that we can't handle or can't do. I know that He was with me when I was the only Laurel, president of that class, and was a Stake YCL (youth camp leader) at girls camp my last year there. I know with His help I can do what I've been called to do. There's not much to say, or at least, I can't think of much to say more.

We had a good Christmas. Christmas Eve we went over to the Bishop's house for dinner and a skit of Christ's birth. The three of us were they wise [wo]men, Apri (the ward mission leader's daughter) was Mary, her mom played Joseph, and our wonderful WML played the donkey on which Mary came to Bethlehem. Two of the bishop's children played shepherds, the youngest child and a YSA in the ward played the angel/choir of angels. Bishop was the narrator and his wife was the inn keeper. It was a really good night.

Christmas we went over to the Larsons (WML) for breakfast and dinner we went over to Jamie's. Sisters Austin and Koford made chicken and Jamie made pigs in a blanket. (My favorite was the pigs in a blanket).

I got shirts and stamps and cash. I also got a straightener and a blow dryer. These are just to name a few. I don't know what else to say since I got to talk with y'all on Christmas. Enjoy this week and know that I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment